Search This Blog

Saturday 27 March 2010

WHEN THINGS DON’T GO ACCORDING TO PLAN

Today I just realized that nothing is really carved into stone. There really are no set rules for diets or training... or for anything else in our everyday lives. The sooner we realize that every individual has different demands and needs – for an example, different people have different body types, different metabolisms, different characters – the faster it is that we can improve ourselves by adjusting things according to our individual needs.
This brings me back to school days when my teachers would ask me why I was not more like the quieter boys, who would study and not mess around so much. I answered that if we were all the same, the world would be a real boring place. We need individuality to spice things up a little so that the world does not become monotonous.
But getting back to the subject... the reason why I was inspired to blog about this topic is because today I had a certain workout planned for me. But when I arrived at the gym to get down to training, I didn’t have that certain edge needed to train as heavy as the program required; for some reason I felt weak and tired and lacked the motivation. So I adjusted the workout plan and trained lighter, with a faster tempo to exhaust the muscle as much as I could in order to get it stimulated. It really worked. Instead of only training heavy, I added pre and post exhaustion exercises and some dropdowns and the result was great. I really felt the muscle being trained.
So at the end, I just want to say that variety is the spice of life and nothing is carved into stone. Learn how to improvise your training and diets (and even your everyday life) to suit yourself rather than just following the written rules.




Love, peace and big muscles.

No comments: