Search This Blog

Sunday 21 March 2010

WHAT IS THE BEST MOTIVATOR AND WILL IT GET YOU ALL THE WAY?

Hate and anger, finding peace and love within, or slowly seeing yourself develop into the picture you had in mind when you just started?

For me, being a bodybuilder or a fitness athlete is like a work of art. You start off with an empty, white canvas and you slowly give life to it by finding ideas and motivation to paint a picture to perfection. The picture can be anything you want it to be... colorful and full of live, or dark and mysterious...

But what really motivates you to reach that end goal? Personally, my biggest achievements were reached through hate and anger. However, this is not the healthiest means of motivation. In fact, it is a double-edged blade and it is pretty hard to balance in the middle; your strong emotions can push you over the limit and this can lead to you harming yourself. And then when all the anger and hate disappears, what keeps you going? For me, it is about seeing myself develop slowly from that white piece of canvas to a form of art which I am proud of, and also making my close ones – which help me reach my target goals – feel proud and enabling them to play a part in my success.

So at the end of the day, when all that frustration and hate is gone, the long term motivator is in finding peace within yourself. Because all that hate and anger which is such a strong motivator initially, doesn’t really last that long and is not healthy ... its expiry date comes as soon as you reach that certain goal. But the true winner is the one that continues achieving successive goals AND is truly happy inside, rather than just showing a fake happiness on the exterior.

So what is my conclusion? Well I guess I’ll leave it to you to decide. At the end of the day, there is no definitive answer and no-one can say that they know it all. I just share some thoughts with you which I hope may help you on your own path to success.

Love, peace and big muscles.

No comments: