Search This Blog

Sunday 21 March 2010

SETBACKS.


Even the best of us have setbacks, personal or professional, at some point in our lives. I guess it is a means of making you stronger, and getting you to realize how badly you want that certain target. It is also a way of shaking us down, and telling us that we are still human with feelings, and not just walking robots.

I’m writing about this because I also had a number of setbacks in life; times when I panicked and thought ‘this is it’. At those points, everything that I would usually say to my clients and my friends about overcoming obstacles and setbacks would just go down the drain. Just like when you are at school, and writing an exam, everything you had known before, everything you had studied, suddenly disappears when you are sitting staring at that blank paper.
I guess it is different when it happens to you from when you are simply advising somebody else. I just want to say that at the end of the day, we are all human and the true winner is the one who is able to overcome that setback, who learns from it, who gets better and stronger, and who is able to get right back on that track to achieving that certain goal in life... whatever it may be.

Love, peace, and big muscles.

No comments: