Search This Blog

Sunday 4 April 2010

THE RUSH OF BODYBUILDING

The other day I was asked which part of bodybuilding gives you that certain rush, that makes you want to go further and further, achieving more and more. Is it the buzz you get from going on stage in front of all those people, is it simply feeling that certain energy... or is it altogether something else?

I told them that I really hate going on the stage. It is the worst part for me, maybe because I am kind of a shy guy, and I never really enjoyed it. The thing that actually keeps me going is the challenge of competing against myself; trying to lift that heavier weight, trying to push to that certain rep, trying to achieve that certain sense of self-accomplishment. It is all about seeing how dedicated you are on the diet, seeing how far you are going for the target you set and trying to be the best for yourself and no-one else. When you finally see yourself improving and notice the areas that you still lack in, you can just try to tie them all together so you can achieve that perfect image that you had in mind when you just started.

Basically, it comes down to the rush of seeing yourself evolve in the gym – all the way from day one until that certain set date. It is like your body is a lump of clay and you are the artist; slowly day by day you mould the clay into a certain shape adding your own details. Then, after a certain amount of weeks of putting your heart and soul into it, you end up with something that can be called your best.

I thought that I would post this blog to let you all know why I love this sport so much. It is truly all about challenging myself – I do it for myself and no-one else.

Love, peace and big muscles.

No comments: